Monday, September 3, 2012

A Little Taste of Summer

Because I know that no one has time to sit and read exstensively long blogs, I will try and keep this brief. Here is a quick synopsis of what John and I did this summer:

St. George Weekend
 
In April, my parents made a quick trip down to St. George to do a little house hunting. While there were busy buying this:
 
John and I were busy doing this:
and this:
At Zion National Park.
 
 
Memorial Day Weekend:
 
John and I were so excited to actually be living together for once, we decided to celebrate by making a little road trip over Memorial Day weekend. Even though the weather looked like this:
We braved the cold and were still able to have a little fun while sight-seeing in Yellowstone.
We even took a little detour home through historic Virginia City!


Summer of Weddings:
 
Landon and Ashely:
 
Laura and Dallin:
Mason and Kelsey:


Best Friend Reunion:
 
John, Derek, and Willy were reunited as they came together for Kamren's weddings. Afterwards, Derek and Brandy,  &Willy and Melissa spent the remainder of the weekend with us. John and I had fun giving them the grand Yellowstone tour!


Brawn Brothers Reunion:
John had fun taking me to his home town of Challis, Idaho to attend the Brawn Brothers Reunion. The two main acts, Mickey and the Motorcars & Recless Kelly, consist of brothers around John's age that grew up near Challis.
We also made time to jump off of Dead Man's
 
That was indeed a very quick summary of the big events that happend this summer. John and I also enjoyed playing another year of coed softball where we placed 2nd in the end of the year tournament. Last weekend, Dayna had the opportunity of completing her first ever half-marathon. To kick off the end of summer, John and I just returned from a 4 hour float down the Teton River in celebration of Labor Day. We hope the autumn season brings as many joys as the summer season. Love always, Dayna 

 






2 comments:

  1. Hey. I did a half last weekend too. Hope it went well. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun and staying busy. I look forward to seeing your posts and catching up on what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you started a blog. It makes me feel a little better since I had to move so far away from you:( Keep the posts up. It is my window to the outside world:)

    ReplyDelete